The Bank of Singapore is the private banking arm of OCBC Bank with their value proposition being “Asia’s Global Private Bank”. Building upon their proposition, the 2016 campaign sought to amplify its position as a trusted adviser to high net worth individuals, with strong Asian insights and global capabilities.
CNBC is watched by the most powerful and influential people on the planet by keeping decision makers ahead of the game everyday. This usually hard-to-reach audience is exactly the type of people that the Bank of Singapore needed to engage with.
Due to the nature of the services in which they provide, their partnership also needed to serve a clear purpose of credibility and trust with our viewers therefore a seamless content partnership was crafted where the bank aligned itself in a contextually relevant piece of content; a programme that features family-run businesses that are making a huge impact on Asia’s economies, Running in the Family.
The Bank of Singapore was then able to communicate its service offering, expertise and position as a professional and trusted advisor.
ACTIVATING A DIALOGUE BETWEEN AUDIENCE AND BRAND
The solution included branded content on CNBC’s five-part, half-hour Running in the Family editorial series, supported by eight weeks of online Special Reports with high-impact rich media banners in order to further engage the audience.
Beyond regular TVC insertions, CNBC Catalyst added value to the partnership with the Bank of Singapore by creating Special Reports as an additional touch point for the Bank’s branding to be channel agnostic; reaching CNBC’s C-suite via broadcast and digital formats.
CNBC Catalyst’s Content Studio produced four 60-second vignettes as the key medium to reach out, create and amplify the Bank of Singapore’s key messages amongst ultra-high net worth individuals. These were available on multiple platforms and also included a Bank of Singapore advertising banner above the content to further amplify the partnership.
The partnership was supported with online marketing via our Twitter accounts as well as through email alerts to our registered subscribers.
High advertising awareness for Bank of Singapore campaign on CNBC:
- 57% of CNBC viewers have ‘definitely seen Bank of Singapore advertise on TV or online recently’
- 80% of CNBC viewers recall they have seen/ may have seen the program series Running In The Family
- Of those who have seen the Bank of Singapore ads, 78% are more likely to consider using Bank of Singapore for their future banking needs
- Among the list of attributes tested, Bank of Singapore is most widely perceived to be reliable and good in managing risk
- Compared against the key competitive set, Bank of Singapore is #1 for Reliability and Risk Management